Re: [OM] OT-LCD Monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] OT-LCD Monitor
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 10:02:08 -0800
> From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I cried when my 19" LaCie died in New Mexico. It was 10 times the
> monitor
> that even the most expensive LCDs are...

I used to think similar things before getting an Apple Cinema HD.

I've never seen a CRT that comes close -- including the $1,200 Mitsu
Diamond Plus 200 that I agonized months over, comparing with numerous
other monitors in at least three computer stores. (The Mitsu is now my
"palette" monitor. :-)

There is a very wide range of quality in LCD displays. The thing I
hate the most is shifts with viewing angle -- the Apple Cinema HD has
ZERO shift with viewing angle -- looks the same on near-tangent as it
does straight-on.

:::: A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on
military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching
spiritual doom. Martin Luther King, Jr. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com> ::::