Re: [OM] OT Shutter (language question)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Shutter (language question)
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 20:44:56 +0100
Chris,

I remember from being aboard a navy vessel for a few months (back in
the early 70's) that the man operating the lamp called the 'shutter'
the blinds. Is that the same thing?

(This 'signaller' on the minesweeper was actually the same person who
also operated the radio, both in morse code and in spoken language.
But for certain purposes we had to make 'silent ship' and then only
flag or light  communication was permitted)

Frank.