Re: [OM] ( OM ) Resolving power of lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Resolving power of lenses
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 07:27:02 -0500
You're not mistaken if the exposure and white balance are spot on. The
only reason to work in 16 bits is if you are making significant
adjustments to anything that affects pixel brightness levels.  That
includes overall exposure, levels adjustments, white balance,
saturation, etc, etc.

I shoot everything in raw, do all exposure and balance adjustments in
the raw conversion and then convert the output immediately to JPEG.  Any
further editing will not affect pixel brightness levels except for final
output sharpening.

Chuck Norcutt