Re: [OM] ( OM ) Resolving power of lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Resolving power of lenses
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 13:11:01 -0500
Ken Norton wrote:

> Yes, I know I'm going to get slapped around for my comment.  Yet, I don't
> understand this thinking that we can't get it right "in camera" and we have
> to post-process everything.  The defense is usually something along the
> lines of "I'm smarter than the engineering teams that spent years perfecting
> the technology".

No slapping... just my point of view.

My defense is that I would want the opportunity to look at my image a
second time to see if there are any last minutes adjustments I could
make in post processing that could reinforce my intentions. I realize
others may have different needs.

Could I possibly get everything right "in the camera"? Possibly, though
I find it difficult examining the quality of the light and composition
through a small viewfinder or on an LCD screen. And until digital
sensors can capture the dynamic range of light perceived by the eye (not
in my lifetime anyway),I believe I will always need post processing to
achieve my desired results.

Frankly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's RAW mode for me. :)

Richard
--
Richard Lovison Photography
http://www.richardlovison.com