Re: [OM] PTGui vs PhotoShop photomerge

Subject: Re: [OM] PTGui vs PhotoShop photomerge
From: ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:20:07 -0500
First of all, rarely do people post full res images, but I think that is
the only way to really asses an image. Thanks for doing that.

I'm curious how the following picture was taken, and is this a composite?

When looking close, the tree detail has a lot of bad artifacts. Not sure
if this is from jpeg compression or post processing, or simply the camera
and lens? The effect reminds me of what happens with high ISO
and noise reduction from the camera.

I don't mean to be critical, the image is very nice, but the detail has
a lot to be desired when you look closer.

Granted, I'm just back from visiting a Peter Lik gallery, and my
senses are over whelmed by the detail  his huge prints exude.

Wayne