Re: [OM] Olympus Living History Farm - Family Portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Living History Farm - Family Portrait
From: "Ken Norton" <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 22:10:14 -0600
OMLS wrote:

> What a pitiful collection. There's no 24mm shift or 250/2 or 8mm fisheye,
> or 16mm semi or 18mm rectilinear, or one of my favorites, 21/2 (with metal
> lens hood).

Well, no benefactor has stepped in to provide said lenses yet.  I know it's
weird, but I honestly have no desire for any of those listed wide-angles,
except maybe the 18mm.  (I know where there is a 24/shift if I should need
to borrow one). There does come a point of diminishing returns in equipment
acquisition as it's hard to keep everything in use if you have too much
stuff and it just ends up holding down the shelves in the closet. I'm NOT a
Ferengi--there is no gain in acquiring for the sake of acquiring. If push
came to shove, I'd probably be able to find a home in the camera bag for the
250/2. The 200/4, 300/4.5 and Tokina AT-X 100-300 would all need to leave
the farm for others to stretch.

> And what's that ugly chrome stuff on the front of the lens? Perhaps a black
> marker would help. :-) Where are all the metal lens hoods? You can't just
> put a 24/2.8 there without the hood. It's naked.

Now you've gone to meddling. Don't dis the chrome!  As to the 24's
hood--well, I realized after processing the image that I forgot to put the
hood on the 24mm.  Oh well, it would have caused the OM-2S to not sit level.
I didn't want to put it on the 4T because chrome-nosed lenses look best on
that body.

It's hard to ignore that fully decked-out OM-3Ti, MD2, 35-80 and T45.
 <insert Tim Allen grunts here>

AG ("OM Improvement") Schnozz