Re: [OM] OT Shutter (language question)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Shutter (language question)
From: "Charles Geilfuss" <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:00:25 -0500
Frank,
  The manual for my 60's -era Rollei 35 identifies camera parts in German
and English. As you pointed out, the German term for the Shutter release
buttom is Ausloser. The term for the  Shutter speed dial is
Zeit-Einstellung. The word "Einstellung" would seem to mean "speed setting"
since it is also used to name the ASA/DIN setting dial. "Zeit" means "time"
giving the literal translation of "time speed setting"
  Elsewhere in the manual there is a section named "Selecting the Shutter
Speed" The corresponding section in German is "Wahl der Belichtungszeit".
Could that be it?

Charlie