Re: [OM] G1 review on DPR

Subject: Re: [OM] G1 review on DPR
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 06:59:00 -0500
This looks like a good replacement for my Mynolta A1.  With lens and
battery, size and weight between the two are nearly identical.  The
difference is that the A1's lens covers 28-200 equivalent and the G1's
14-45 covers 28-90 equivalent.  You'd need something like a 35-100 to
complete the picture.  But I should think it would be easier to produce
a superzoom for this camera with no concerns about retrofocus design.
If Tamron can make an 18-250 (28-400) lens for an APS-C camera why not a
9-125 (18-250) for micro 4/3?

Chuck Norcutt