Re: [OM] New Toy!

Subject: Re: [OM] New Toy!
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:04:22 -0500
I think I am too. I'm trying HARD to resist spending money on a 50mm lens
for it. The 50mm f1.5 Nokton is $350 new. Just have to keep repeating: you
cant afford it, you don't need it...LOL

The body is the R2, not the R2A or R2M. This came out before the 2A and 2M
were introduced. It is styled like the first cosina rangefinder, the Bessa R
but with metal top plate and M-mount instead of Screwmount. The 2A and 2M
have a more square appearance, and they're still made.

http://cameraquest.com/voigtBR2.htm Here's the info page about the model I
was given. Mine is black....the Olive is cool but hard to find. I am going
to buy the grip for it, I am used to the steady grip on my OM-4T bodies and
am having trouble comfortably holding the bessa without one.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography