Re: [OM] Repair dented 24mm f/2.0 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Repair dented 24mm f/2.0 ?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:04:59 +0200
Thank you John (and others) so much for the informative replies. I was
afraid of having
to straighten it *before* removing, but it is clear that it is the
only way.
By the way, my 24/2.0 does not have the two small notches in the name
ring, hence the
question I posted to the list around disassembly. All my other lenses
have notches to
remove with a lens spanner, so I though the 24/2.0 had some special
tool/technique
required.

Well, I shall try with a small dowel and hammer (I do have both) but
it is a bit
hair raising to bang the lens 3mm from the front glass element. I may
go the route of
making a wooden jig.

This lens is fairly old, and even slightly yellowed, but it's great
for B&W and really
one of my favourite lenses. I am amazed at how easily the filter ring
bent! And still very
annoyed with myself...

Well, one thing is for sure, I could drive across South Africa and not
get the sound advice I
get on this list in a couple of minutes. Much appreciated.