Re: [OM] Repair dented 24mm f/2.0 ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Repair dented 24mm f/2.0 ?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:31:57 -0500
As I said, straighten filter ring while on the lens.  If done slowly you
will have no problems and ring will be round again.  This may seem risky
but I have done it regularly for 30 years.  To remove a name ring with
no notches (I've seen some with only one notch (!)) you would use a
rubber stopper (like a fresh drain plug of the proper size).  Inside of
plug would have to be concave so as not to rub on the front element.

John