Re: [OM] OT-LCD Monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] OT-LCD Monitor
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:44:33 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> I did try it out as a monitor using an analog VGA cable (I don't have
> any DVI cables) and it works great. Maybe it would look even better with
> a digital input?  Not calibrated (yet) but the color and contrast look
> great.  It does change brightness and contrast slightly if you move up
> or down about 15-20 degrees but not nearly as much as I feared.

I always wondered if you could do this with an inexpensive LCD TV. Some
of them seem to have decent vertical viewing angles. The digital input
might give you a better picture. I never did any extensive testing
though the analog and digital inputs on my 226BW seem to give similar
results.

> I think I'd be quite happy with this as a monitor... but the wife told
> me to stick it back in the bedroom as the TV set which is why it was
> bought.

LOL. She's got a point. :)

Richard
--