Re: [OM] Photos from Bessa

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from Bessa
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:06:31 +0800
You are not alone, my OM-5D II also had focus shift in MF path, it was front
focus. I disassembled the focusing screen section and replaced one spacer
with tape to reduce the thickness from 0.46mm to 0.38mm, it is now back to
normal. This 0.08mm shift made a big error for F2 wide open, only good for
lens of around F4 (DOF covered the error). The MF focusing construction of
5D II is very bad when compared with OM, error could happen even when you
tried to lossen the FS for cleaning and put it back.

For RF, the focus adjustment should be very simple, I have did many
adjustments for the Olympus range finder compacts and I belive other RF will
be similar. Just open the camera back there is a screw easy accessible for
fine tuning (provided the problem is from the camera and not the lens).

You do not need to go for real film test, just use a focusing screen (better
get a scratched one)  to cover the film guide rails to check the focusing.

http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/focus.htm

C.H.Ling