Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard
From: iwert bernakiewicz <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 12:01:00 +0100
2009/1/21 Rob Harrison:
> Those are gorgeous Iwert. I like #5. I've been thinking I should go
> this route also.
>
> Rob in Seattle

Thanks Rob!

I'll be doing some "real" architectural work soon and will be doing
some testing for that.
>From what I see (all these were handheld till now) The 24 shift
delivers very good results.
The 18mm is very critical in focussing, I think the focussing ring on
my copy is a bit off maybe, being the 3m mark is already infinity. It
might as well be the adapter, I have ordered a second one which should
be thinner (adapter that is).

I was also thinking going N*kon + 14-24 and 24 shift, but that is a
HUGE setup, even more so when you add a good 60mm/105mm. What I really
like about this one it all still fits in ONE small unubstrusive bag. I
can fit the 24 & 35 shift, 21/18mm f3.5, 50 & 100mm in an old
anonymous bag 12*20*25 cm, and sling the 5D with 40f2 over my shoulder
without having the feeling I am "shlepping" a whole lot around. That
is just what kept me OM (and what put me of in E in a way). It suits
my shooting style very well.

The travel kit is 21f3.5 / 35shift / 40f2 & 85f2 and their two hoods,
all have 49mm filters and that fits in the same bag including the 5D:)
with spare room for a cleaning kit (I see that this will be needed
with the 5D).

Iwert.