Re: [OM] Obese cameras and E-system Uberbricks

Subject: Re: [OM] Obese cameras and E-system Uberbricks
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:37:04 -0600
>>> It is not part of my ethic to take money from stupid people.
>> So you don't have a wife and child to support? Clients often fall
>> into that
>> area, and who are we to be their brains?
>
> I'm uncertain what you are saying here. Are you saying that clients
> don't have wives and children to support, and so have some special
> insight into what camera one should be using?
>
> I'm only saying that if you hire a domain expert to do a job, stay out
> of their way while they work.

No, I'm saying you apparently don't and can be picky about whom you work
for. Or, perhaps, you have made different lifestyle choices.

Clients don't have any special insights, but do have deep set images, fed by
movies and tv and camera companies advertising, about what professional
photographers use. If they see you using what they assume to be an amateur
camera, they won't lie your work or hire you again.

My friends experience was a full time commercial shooter, not someone
selling pretty sunset pictures at art fairs. That probably means something,
too.

Bill Pearce