Re: [OM] Photos from Bessa

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos from Bessa
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:28:26 -0600
Wayne,

I am not trying to be argumentive here.  I've used Leica rangefinders for
more than 50 years.  True, the lens will focus, but the rangefinder does not
know where it will focus unless the distance between the LENS FLANGE  and
the CAM FOLLOWER is correct.  An out of spec adapter will cause this
distance to be incorrect. The proper adapter thickness is 1.00mm.

One can compensate for an incorrect adapter by adjusting the cam follower,
but it will be correct only for that lens/adapter combination, and will be
incorrect with other lenses.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA