Re: [OM] Flight Woes (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] Flight Woes (OT)
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:33:50 +0000
Thanks for that, Bob.  It sounded lovely, and I am glad that such
excitement is still available from whatever source.

Another big thrill is seeing the runway lights from the front of a
fast jet after a long trip through sh*te weather, especially if the
Talkdown controller on the radar is a nice-sounding lady.

And once, when I was learning on the Jaguar at Lossiemouth (on the
Moray Firth in Scotland), I flew at night to Leuchars (near St
Andrews) and carried out a precision radar approach (PAR).  As I
completed the approach and left the frequency I paid the customary
compliment to the sexy-sounding lady on Talkdown, "Going en-route,
that was a good talkdown."  The reply from said sexy-sounding lady"
"Thanks, you flew it well."

I smiled happily all the way back to Lossiemouth; I thought I was
greeeaaat! :-)

Chris