Re: [OM] I've been on vacation from doing stupid things I'll admit to ..

Subject: Re: [OM] I've been on vacation from doing stupid things I'll admit to .. .
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:26:31 -0800
> From: james king
>
> The camera is clearly damp or frozen and needs to be dried out/warmed
> up. I recommend 30mins in a microwave at FULL power and then leave to
> stand for 10 mins before using...
> P.S.
> You may need to open the door occasionally to let the steam out.

NOOOOOO! DON'T DO THAT!

What you think is "steam" is actually the "magic smoke" that they put
in all electronic devices to make them work. It's when you release the
magic smoke that they stop working!

I recommend you drill a hole in the door of your microwave, but a air-
tool connector on it, and hook it up to an air compressor while
microwaving such electronic component. That *may* help keep the magic
smoke in the camera -- but you may end up releasing the magic smoke of
the microwave oven, as well.

:::: The time is always right to do what is right -- Martin Luther
King, Jr. ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com> ::::