Re: [OM] Peter Lik again

Subject: Re: [OM] Peter Lik again
From: Nicoletta Da Ros <nicodaros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:50:13 -0800
but the difference is in the experience, no? the way you hold a vinyl
record, the way it shines, the way it smells, the way you can hear
the dust crackle under the needle, the slow motion of putting the
needle on the record and hearing it cough a bit, the dusting of the
record with those oh-so-soft brushes... putting it back into its
sleeve and into the case...

yes, i barely stepped into the third of a century (age-wise), but i
did grow up with a record player, thanks to my father who, to this
day, still dusts his complete beatles original record collection :) i
didn't have a proper cd player until... uh, college? and i look
forward to setting up a proper vinyl player when i have enough money
to get the old yamaha amplifier fixed - it's older than i am, and
it's more of a sentimental value than anything else at this stage.

oh the good ol' vinyl days... kids today don't know what they missed :)

nico.