Re: [OM] Peter Lik again

Subject: Re: [OM] Peter Lik again
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 13:00:51 +0800
I belive there are some mix up between Dmax and D-range in no. of stops.

As far as I understand, the latitude of slide film is around 5 stops, that
is the liner range, including the head and shoulder that should be 7 stops
or more.

For the D-max of 4 that is 10000:1, it is more than the slide capability.
Consider we need to divide each stop by 50 (actually much less is required)
to provide a smooth graduation, 6400:1 is good for 7 stops.

Regards,
C.H.Ling