Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 07:12:13 -0500
 From Gary Reese's lens tests:
OM-1 with mirror lockup
Aperture  Center    Corner
f/3.5     C         C
f/5.6     B         B+
f/8       B         A-
f/11      A-        A+
f/16      B         A
Notes: Vignetting characteristic of wide angle lenses, improving with
stopping down; moderately high contrast images; remarkable lack of
distortion; lens design emphasizes outer zones at expense of center image
zone (which gives a sharper overall impression of an image); overall
optimum aperture at f/11. A 10- condition sample.

But this same contention was not supported on a second sample shot with
OM-2000 and pre-fire.  There the center was B+ and the edge B.  But
still good relative performance at the edge.

Chuck Norcutt