[OM] OM-5D II mini review

Subject: [OM] OM-5D II mini review
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:05:07 -0500
Thanks for the links, Johnny.

Should not  misquote the list logician---he only had mentioned program
shift function in the context of using native Canyon mount lenses.
Looking at page 85 in the 5D manual, there is only mention of this
ability to dial in equivalent exposure in one of the auto modes.  It
may have been wishful thinking on my part.  I didn't see anything to
contradict that metering wide open and then setting the equivalent
exposure manually may give a better initial estimate of a reasonable
exposure.  Suspect it may save a chimp or two.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Are you sure that Moose said that? (Or maybe I'm misunderstanding
what you're saying that he said.)  Chuck Westfall addressed the
issues of using the 5D with stop down metering in his March 2006 Tech
Tips as quoted below.