Re: [OM] dance photo shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] dance photo shoot
From: ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:48:29 -0500
Interesting site. I noticed the 24-70/2.8 does considerably better than
the comparable ranges on the 16-35 mkII. My impression is that Can*n
does better in longer focal lengths, but I have not seen anything really
impressive in the wider ranges. Although I have never used the 24-70/2.8.
Even the 28-135 seems to do better at 28mm.

I just want a good 21mm lens. I let my oly 21/2 go, it was very nice.
What is the point of a FF sensor with out a decent wide?
The Can*n 24-105/4 just doesn't impress me, other than it is
a convenient range, and yes, most of my shots are with that lens.
But even the cheaper 28-135 seems better in a lot of ways, just too slow
on the top end. the

The loss in the 16-35 mkII at 35mm seems like net zero gain to me
over the version 1. I would rather have a good 16-18mm prime and a
good 35mm prime, but Cany*n doesn't seem to think it is worth
pursuing a non-zoom wide. If the mkII were as good as the 24-70
at 35mm, then it would be an impressive lens. Having wasted money
on the 16-35 version 1, I'm reluctant to waste any more.

Am I being too picky? When the non-L 28-135 does about a well as any
of the L lenses, makes me wonder if Can*n is spending too much on
the camera and not enough the lenses.

Wayne