Re: [OM] dance photo shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] dance photo shoot
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:42:52 +0800
Olympus 21/2 is also not that good if you need a lens with sharpness cover
corner to corner. The OM 21/24/28 F2 all suffer from corner softness even
stopped down. For me, some softness at the far corner is ok, as long as the
edges is sharp and they all fulfill my requirement.

To me the meaning to go FF is because I have lots of OM lenses, there is no
fun to use them at 2x or even 1.6x.  Shallow DOF is also what I'm looking
for, I like large aperture wides.

I'm not sure if you are picky or there are some reasons behind. For the
Olympus 14-54 I once owned, on the field it gave soft image at around
25-35mm most of the time but in a serious test with MF it was not bad.
Fianlly, I believe it was focusing problem (on my E-1), unfortunately I have
sold both and can't confirm it anymore.

AF can have problem and it is well known. My friend's D90 also has focusing
problem, in N*kon service center there were some D90 owners there for fixing
the AF issues, the custom service gal told one of them 'The problem cannot
be solved you may have to wait for the next model'.

Until now I have not found any OM lenses I don't like about its resolution
on the 5D II, including the 16/3.5, 21-28/2, 40/2, 50/2, 85/2, 90/2, 100/2,
28-48/4, 35-105/3.5-4.5 and 35 shift. The others waiting for field test. I
don't believe the L lenses are not equal or better. May be I'm too easy on
the lens quality.

C.H.Ling