Re: [OM] dance photo shoot

Subject: Re: [OM] dance photo shoot
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 01:47:32 -0800
C.H.Ling wrote:
> Moose, you did a great job in correcting these samples but I still not
> convinced by your method, as mentioned before it is not fool proof, select
> color and make saturation reduction or color replacement is risky, you never
> know if other part of the image is affected.

Masks. Usually, they can be quite loose, as there's seldom the same
color near the CA.

Actually, I love your night SWA image for practice and demonstration. It
also has some different CA on the right side. And indeed, as you
predict, the neon tube along the top of the round building in the centre
is strongly affected if not masked from the CA adjustments.

> I'm not that picky for lens quality, I will not even bother with barrel
> distortion if there is no straight lines in the image, but CA is something
> that I really hate.

Yeah, we all have our pet peeves. I seem to notice even tiny linear
distortions and blocked up or compressed highlights. Sometimes, I wish I
didn't.

Moose