Re: [OM] Peter Lik again

Subject: Re: [OM] Peter Lik again
From: "Sue Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:35:50 -0600
For a time, I worked for a commercial photographer that had his own lab. We
had a big Pako rotary drum drier, and this was in the very early days of RC
paper, so every B&W print was dried glossy.

We washed our prints for a good long time, and then soaked them in Pakosol,
which was said to help keep prints flat, it sometimes worked. We carefully
put them on the drier, and off they came. Sometimes the gloss was not
perfect, so back in the Pakosol and dry again.

We just used a soft cloth on the drum, and it was perfect. Drums are easy to
scratch, though, so used drums must be carefully inspected before purchase.

Bon Ami was the cleaner of choice. Don't know if it's still made.

A ferrotyped Fiber print is quite different from a gloss RC print.

Bill Pearce