[OM] Good sounding Deal on Pre-charged NiMh, batteries

Subject: [OM] Good sounding Deal on Pre-charged NiMh, batteries
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 03:26:28 -0800 (PST)
We have had various threads on low self discharge NiMh cells for flash and
camera use here in the past.

The Eneloops still seem the best of the low self discharge cells, but these
cells are cheaper and have claimed slightly higher capacity. I have no
experience with these. I have used Tenergy brand (chinese) cells before and
they seem to be an ok middle tier brand.
Unfortunately like the Eneloops , these are still not available in industrial
style with tabs, or in other sizes.

16 x 2.3Ah button top cells for $25 US (~1.50ea) :
http://www.all-battery.com/cardnimhaa2300mahreadytouser2urechargeablebatteries3cardstotal16xaa.aspx

In general the Eneloops are better than other low self discharge NiMh cells,
because of lower impedance/higher current capability.
I have no idea how these cells compare, but probably good enough for many
general purpose uses.

If you live in silicon valley, provided you phone ahead you may be able to will
call cells from this place.  I have managed to do that in the past, although
Mark Dapoz had difficulty, when he was visiting.

Tim Hughes