[OM] Kodak Portra 400VC

Subject: [OM] Kodak Portra 400VC
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:48:19 -0500
Hi Johnny,

I am just depleting my Portra 400 VC-2 stock--the old new formulation.
If you want to try it be sure it is VC-3 or NC-3.  There was a bunch of
the old new stock available though I would expect much of it is finally
gone.  I had some odd difficulty with a 6X9 scan on a Frontier but I
don't think it was the film.  I haven't had time to sort it
out--perhaps I can post one and I'm sure a list member could.  Some
lower res scans below of VC-2.  Be sure and check the edge print--the
new-new is supposed to scan nicely, but I can't testify to that.
(The free samples were wiith the old-new VC-2.)

http://www.zoto.com/gordon9213/albums/2838/

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/professional/products/films/portra/portra400QAs.pdf

Last two are VC-2, not sure about the first, and am at work and can't
ck.
Mike

Hi Folks,

I believe that the subject film was one of those that Kodak was
giving out as free samples last year.  I'm wondering if anyone on the
List has tried it and their impressions of its colors and how well it
scans.  Thought I might pick up a roll or two on a trip to Atlanta
tomorrow if y'all have some good things to say about it.

Later,
Johnny