Re: [OM] Kodak Portra 400VC

Subject: Re: [OM] Kodak Portra 400VC
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:34:42 -0500
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info.  I sure like the colors in the link you gave.

The shop didn't have individual rolls so I bought a pro pack of 5.  I
bet that it's the old/new stock though since it says "new finer
grain" on the box instead of "even finer grain" as described in the
PDF that you referenced.  It's taking that shop longer and longer to
turn over their stock.  It wasn't but just a few years ago that they
had three coolers out front with all three loaded with film plus a
large cooler in the warehouse with backup stock.  Today there was a
single cooler out front that was mostly empty and the clerk said that
they no longer keep backup stock in the warehouse.  He did say though
that there is still one E-6 lab left in the metro Atlanta area.  I
thought that they had all closed.

Thanks again,
Johnny