Re: [OM] Shooting candids [was OM-5D II mini review]

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting candids [was OM-5D II mini review]
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:42:06 +0800
Thanks for your comment, Moose. Street snap is another type of photography
I'm trying. I will not question whether the technique is a necessity as I
will not insist on "not looking through the viewfinder". But one thing for
sure, this type of snap are trying to avoid the subject's attention so I
will not popping the camera in front of people's face. Do not use viewfinder
is just trying to reduce the attraction to the subject.

IMO a long lens does not fit for street snap, you need to go close to be
involved in the scene/situation so the people looking at your shot is also
involved.

I like candid portraits but not for the people I don't know except in a
special event like that:

http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/E-1_1/dragon.htm

C.H.Ling