Re: [OM] Leeds

Subject: Re: [OM] Leeds
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:10:47 +0100
Well, I know York from quite a few visits, and I have always liked it.
Nice rural town, I have always thought, but indeed not the place where
it is all happening.

I was told to avoid Leeds and Bradford (although I used their airport
sometimes) because of their emptiness. 'Plenty of industry but lack of
culture' is what my (London!) friends said, about twenty years ago...
Things must have changed since.

Frank.

ps: In the same period I had to be in Slough for a five day computer
course. Ugly and terrible! But the aforementioned friends said that
Leeds and Bradford were not unlike Slough 'only much bigger'. Were
they wrong?