Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/01/2009: weather from a more benign

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 26/01/2009: weather from a more benign
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:54:03 +0100
It looks like altocumulus lenticularis, but it is rather deep indeed.
An example:
http://www.ems.psu.edu/~lno/Meteo437/clouds/Aclenticularis.jpg

Where was the picture taken, was it near a mountain range?
In that case it could also be an orographic wave cloud.

Have a look here:
http://www.atmos.washington.edu/Atlas/oro.html

and this picture (photograph ??) looks much like Nathan's:
http://www.atmos.washington.edu/Atlas/phot_oro01.html

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.