Re: [OM] Latest Combination

Subject: Re: [OM] Latest Combination
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 13:11:01 -0600
Hey, I'm glad it made such a difference!   Flickr is very frustrating,
and "embiggen" is default in slideshow!  In addition, they don't even
use the exact sizing you give the image (I don't think), even if it
falls within their S-M-L range of sizing options.

I'll move these to a proper web site soon.  I felt bad that the images
looked so poor to you as your opinion is one I have valued for many
years now.

BTW, the "embiggen" term is not real English but is a reference to an
episode in "The Simpsons."  In a famous episode, the Simpson's town
sets up a monument to its founder with the motto "A noble spirit
embiggens the smallest man."  One teacher says to another that she
never heard the word before coming to that town, and the other teacher
replies that "it's a perfectly cromulent word."

A least you can figure out what "embiggens" means in context, but no
one knows what "cromulent" means, except that it was first coined in a
movie that several of the Simpson voice actors had been in years
before.  This stuff's all in Wikipedia.

I have a good friend from Hong Kong who is music director at our
church.  It was hard for him at first to make the adjustment to the
climate, but now he struggles with the heat and humidity when he goes
home!

Best regards,
Joel W.