[OM] 'AF confirm' OM lens to Olympus 4/3 body adapter

Subject: [OM] 'AF confirm' OM lens to Olympus 4/3 body adapter
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:24:14 -0500
On the alt lens forum in FM HappypageHK chipped adapters (OM-EOS) have
very good reviews.  He doesn't use the user programmable chip.
Wanted to see why.  FWIW here is his response:

Mike

Hello,

We also got some samples of this AF-chip for our internal testing. Be
frank we did not find any improvement on focus confirm accuracy
comparing with our existing one. While the idea of allowing customer to
set the data is great and playful the actual operation is quite tedious
and instrusive. What I can say is we are still quite cautious and take
it under consideration. In fact AF-chip with similar customer-setting
feature has been developed in year 2007 by another Taiwan vendor but it
does not become popular eventually. Thank you for your enquiry.

Best Regards,
Rudolf(HappypageHK)

> *'AF confirm' OM lens to Olympus 4/3 body adapter*
>
> _4th version chip_
>
> ?
>
> _1) ultra smaller and slimmer -- unlike other old version 'clumsy'
chips
> :-)_
>
> _2) programmable:  set aperture value / focal length / front or back
> focus calibration_

Please let us know how you like it.

Joel W.