Re: [OM] ISO may not be accurate

Subject: Re: [OM] ISO may not be accurate
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:46:37 +0800
There should be a standard to measure the ISO for digital cameras, I believe
it check the grey rendering. For example, the grey card should read 128 (?)
if properly exposed. But they have to first make sure the accuracy of the
grey card and their external meter. Either or both must be wrong if DXO and
DPreview are different. For the maufacturer, they always not follow the rule
for some marketing reasons, like a F2 lens could be F2.1, a 35-80mm lens
just a 36-76mm...

C.H.Ling