Re: [OM] ISO may not be accurate

Subject: Re: [OM] ISO may not be accurate
From: ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 07:22:35 -0500
So this means that if a camera actually has a higher dynamic range
than another camera, the ISO would tend to be lower than the other camera?
I'm still not sure I understand how DXO determines the exposure
with this method in the first place, only how the results are interpreted.

Therefore, I am assuming they don't meter at all, only set the camera
at a specific ISO and measure the sensor range, then derive the
equivalent ISO. That means how the metering systems works is not
taken into account relative to actual use.

Wayne

At 05:01 AM 1/30/2009, Tom wrote:
>>2009/1/30 Chuck Norcutt
>>That's interesting.  DPReview has been reporting actual ISO test results
>>for a long time.  DXO says the Canon 5D's ISO 100 is actually 92.
>>DPreview reported it as 125.  And, of course, Canons says it's 100.
>>Who's right?  I doesn't make any difference until I have to get out the
>>external meter for flash.
>
>I came across this discussion elsewhere a couple of weeks ago, which may be
>relevant:
<snip> discussion