Re: [OM] More Winter Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] More Winter Photos
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:45:22 -0500
Similar to the lighting conditions one encounters when on a
round-the-country trip which is a vacation and not a photography junket.
  You have to take photos at nice places based on whatever light is
there when you are.  Sometimes it was nice (sort of) but most often it
was not.  For example, while visiting the Grand Tetons I managed to find
the exact spot that Ansel Adams had used to take his famous "The Tetons
and the Snake River" photo.  But I was only able to be there in
mid-afternoon and under a clear sky.  Uncharacteristically, I even used
a tripod for some pano shots.  But guess what?  It won't look like this.
  <http://www.anseladams.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2198>

Chuck Norcutt