Re: [OM] ISO may not be accurate

Subject: Re: [OM] ISO may not be accurate
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:38:05 -0600

> It may be why DxO was looking for a more standardised approach?
> This all sounds pretty mathy...

Oh, I disagree vehemently.  That would be a pure cop-out.  We lay people get
our thongs tangled in a knot over the 12% or 18% argument, but camera
manufacturers, meter manufacturers and film manufacturers have been able to
come to an understanding of what ISO 100 meant years ago.  For this
Johnny-come-lately to redefine what ISO 100 means because they don't have an
engineer at Kodak on speed-dial to explain it to them is bunk.

Oops, sorry.  The last Kodak engineer was just laid off.

AG