Re: [OM] Shooting candids [was OM-5D II mini review]

Subject: Re: [OM] Shooting candids [was OM-5D II mini review]
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:45:22 -0800
> From: Chuck Norcutt <puhpxabephgg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Can you define or put some parameters around "tight and wide"?

Well, to me, "tight" means the subject fills the frame, and "wide"
means that you can still see a lot of context around the subject. You
can't have such shots without using a wide angle and getting close.

But I don't claim this to be a textbook definition, nor that these
words are "terms of art" for photography...

> Jan Steinman wrote:
>>> From: Moose <bylzbbfr@xxxxxxxxx>
>>>
>>> First, long lenses and good IQ at high ISOs offer the ability to
>>> photograph people from outside their vigilant zone, at least in many
>>> parts of the world.
>>
>> When I shoot an event, and the client looks over the
>> portfolio, the images they choose invariably are the tightest, widest
>> shots, and *not* the long, detached, "outside vigilant zone" shots.

:::: You're saying we should use nuclear fusion to desalinate sea
water and deliver it to cropland? It's already been done -- it's
called "rain". ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::