Re: [OM] Tetons and the Snake River, was: More Winter Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Tetons and the Snake River, was: More Winter Photos
From: Nicoletta Da Ros <nicodaros@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 09:58:20 -0800
wow, nice!

pardon the (possibly stupid) question, but for the multi-row, does
CS3 detect by itself which go on top and which go on bottom and in
which order? just out of curiosity.

nico.

On Jan 31, 2009, at 5:48 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

Curiosity was getting the better of me so I rushed on ahead to build the
Tetons and the Snake River pano just to see how it might come out.  It's
made from eight 5D images, two rows of four portrait orientation images.
   Tokina 28-80/2.8 at 80mm and f/16.  3:40pm, Sept 18.  It was supposed
to be about 20% wider than this but, not having a pano head, I
underestimated the spacing of the top row images.  These turned out to
be narrower than the bottom row so I had to crop it.  The image on the
left is the full image area.  The image on the right is a full pixel
crop of the river bend near top left of the main image.  You can see a
boat with passengers.  I'm not through playing with it and haven't tried
a B&W conversion yet but there is enough detail in the image to make a
24x30 print at 220ppi.  This is my first ever multi-row pano.  PS CS3
had to think on it for a while but handled it fine otherwise.  I guess I
should have had some sort of haze filter.
<<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/Tetons/index.htm>>

Not as bad as if I'd had to take it at noon but not exactly the drama of
Adams' version.  :-)
<http://www.anseladams.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2198>