Re: [OM] OT: Forest carp

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Forest carp
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 09:53:01 +1100
Regional specialty? That's just a souvlaki with no salad. Seems to be
a murkin thing, leaving out the vegetable material.
Now I've got some nice venison cabana in the fridge for lunch (Polish
style sausage). Farmed animals as they aren't so 'carpish' here
(although the Carp are a serious problem).
But it does seem that the best way to get rid of a species is to
persuade people to eat it (Rabbit Stew anyone? Anyone?)
I mean, it's going to be cheaper than beef or sheepmeat in these
parlous times.
Just get over the sentimentality - nice picture of a particularly
ugly deer, wide angle, large nose portrait, with the legend 'It's not
Bambi, It's Brunch!'.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx