Re: [OM] (OT) A little street shooting in Cambridge (MA)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) A little street shooting in Cambridge (MA)
From: ws <omls@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 10:22:32 -0500
Good for you. A cold day in Harvard you were out of the comfort zone
in more than one way. I too am more introverted and taking out a
big camera means being discrete is not a real option.
I think my OM-4t would feel less invasive than the 5D.

I like the "Arrival at Harvard" shot the best. It has that close, being
in the scene with the subject, feeling that I like to see. The wider
angle puts the main subject right there, while the background
context is also pulled in. A longer focal length would not do that.
Clearly she knew you were shooting, and probably modified her
expression, but still you can feel the excitement in her step.

One trick I learned, being a male photographer, if my wife or another
female is with me, makes it easier. Being a photographer automatically
puts one in the category of all photographers. Even though you may
be the most considerate photographer, many are not. And that sort
of pollutes the atmosphere and adds one more challenge. I'm always
self-conscious about being invasive with a camera.

Wayne