Re: [OM] OT: Forest carp (spiedie)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Forest carp (spiedie)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 12:41:59 -0500
Ooops.  I forgot to address your spiedie questions.  A true spiedie
would indeed be made with lamb but these days they are available made
with just about any kind of meat.  Venison is particularly good since
the oil in the marinade makes up for the leanness of the meat.  Not much
fat on deer.

The Spiedie Fest didn't exist in the 70's.  It wasn't started until
1983.  Check the Wiki link <<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiedie>>

Chuck Norcutt