[OM] (OM) Off-topic: Re: 1TB drives now under $100

Subject: [OM] (OM) Off-topic: Re: 1TB drives now under $100
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 07:24:57 +1300
Hi all,

Thanks very much for all the info and comment.

I won't be buying a new computer any time soon, for a variety of reasons
including the many programs I have so painstakingly installed on the present
machine.

The sole reason I need more GB is for image storage; not least due to
having bought an E-510.  And if I take this to the extreme and start shooting
RAW, I'll need even more storage ...

My investment lately for goals that are at least in part photographic include a
red (wash your mouth out Brian) SUV that should be able to take me over
hilly / mountains and off-road places especially when it is snowy.

See it here in an image taken from the auction site
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=316914&l=b74de&id=1027725807

12 years old, and at a tad over $7,000 NZ, I saved $120,000 (that I didn't
have then) by not buying it 12 years ago. It's called recycling (which is what
do to computers).

Next, I have sent a 30-years old Schneider Super Angulon 90mm lens to
Australia to have a custom made 6 x 17 body with focussing helical, fitted to
it.

Remember this?
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~razzle/Obsession_617/obsession_617.html

It should arrive in Melbourne this week, if it has not arrived already.
Recycling, again :-))

And I have just bought a Koni-Omega 180 f/4  lens on the Bay, and sent one
of my KOM bodies to Greg Weber in Fremont NE for servicing.
More recycling ...

It's all go, I tell you !

Brian Swale.