Re: [OM] Iowa Wintertime Zuikofest

Subject: Re: [OM] Iowa Wintertime Zuikofest
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 17:59:11 -0500
Ken,

You may wish to consider the Pano Elements kit from RRS as it can do double
duty as a gimble mount. RRS used to show the setup on their site but seem to
have taken it down now.

It works by mounting the MPR-CLII rail vertically with the clamp at the top
holding the panning base. The lens is then mounted on the panning base by
its tripod ring. I found the setup worked quite well for occasional use with
my Tamron 70-350mm f4.5 (which is close to as large as 300mm f2.8). Plus you
then have one of the nicest setups for pano stitching.

Dan S.