Re: [OM] food<>photography, was A little street shooting in Cambridge (

Subject: Re: [OM] food<>photography, was A little street shooting in Cambridge (MA)
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 22:38:10 -0800
On Feb 1, 2009, at 9:19 PM, Moose wrote:

> siddiq@xxxxxxx wrote:
>> OK, time to share some snapshots, and yes, they are just
>> snapshots,  nothing deliberate, and therefore nothing that great.
>> You just hit on two of my favourite things, food, and photos.
>>
>> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2108283&l=d7c03&id=6313229
>>
>> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2120428&l=89357&id=6313229
>>

> A fun excursion, thanks. I hadn't realized until now that Nico had
> most
> likely learned f the list from you.

Yup.

> "Only snapshots" means it's ok to enhance them so the faces of you and
> your friends are more clearly visible, no?

Fair enough, but one, I'm lacking the patience (and the necessary
skills (beyond basic color balancing, if i'm feeling frisky and
resizing in iphoto), plus ppl want to see the photos very soon right
after!

> So what if the source of the
> light isn't clear. Maybe you used fill flash - or carried abound a
> large, white wall behind you.  :-)

I'm already too conscious of the fact that I'm sticking camera in
people's faces in these situations, popping a fillflash might be too
much. But then, granted no one seems to mind when autoflashes in point
and shoots go off everywhere. Could be just me that finds them
bothersome and intrusive. Perhaps I should take a chapter from your
book on street shooting, with a OM-5D (?) and a mondo 2.8 zoom as
well :P

> Something sort of flat and lifeless
> about the food pics, too. Maybe that's why some P&Ss now have a scene
> mode for food?
>
> I also think at least a couple of the images can transcend snapshot
> status into rather nice portraits with a little help.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/Siddiq

Wow, I've just been Moosified!