Re: [OM] eSATA speed [was Western Digital My Passport Essential USB 2.0-

Subject: Re: [OM] eSATA speed [was Western Digital My Passport Essential USB 2.0-Powered External Drives]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 02:51:00 -0800
Oops, that's SATA, not STAT.

While I'm at it again, in 1,048,576 byte MBs, that's 88.5MB/sec.

Looks like what I said from the HDTune tests earlier in this thread was
pretty accurate:

"So at least for read speed, the 5x raw spec is optimistic for this
drive. On the other hand, 85.4/27.2 is still 3x. To date, I've only
filled part of the 1.5Tb drive, so I am still seeing something like the
90 MB/sec part of the curve."

Yup, right around 90MB/sec., depending on he size of the megabytes.