Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 09:41:16 -0500
Nothing to do with color but aperture is certainly a consideration with
pixel density of the E3.  Diffraction will begin to limit E1 resolution
at apertures smaller than f/8.  An E3 will be diffraction limited at
apertures smaller than about f/5.6.  It's not that you can't shoot the
E3 at f/8 but if you do the resolution limits will be closer to the E1.

There should be nothing you can set in the camera that will affect raw
development unless you're accepting the conversion using the parameters
that would have been used if the camera had made a JPEG.  If I were home
I'd say send me one and let me convert it for you to see what I could do
in ACR.  But the only computer I've got at the moment is the "Krappy
Kolor" laptop.

Now that I'm thinking about it I'm wondering if diffraction can in fact
have an effect on color.  Diffracted beams don't go where they're
intended.  Check color for shots of f/5.6 or wider vs. f/8 or smaller.

Chuck Norcutt