Re: [OM] Help needed: any possible way to recover them ....

Subject: Re: [OM] Help needed: any possible way to recover them ....
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:55:19 -0500
For FAT and FAT32 formatted media, whether recovery or, at least,
complete recovery is possible after accidental erasure or formatting
isn't knowable if any single or multiple file deletions were previously
made or if any new images were added.  It depends upon how full the card
was and what the storage reuse methodology is in the particular FAT
system implementation.

Best rule of thumb is to *never* delete selected images in camera and
never write anything to the card after accidental formatting or erasure.
  If you follow those rules then complete recovery will be assured since
simple formatting or erasure do not destroy data other than directory
pointers.

Chuck Norcutt