Re: [OM] Another photo by Chris

Subject: Re: [OM] Another photo by Chris
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 09:50:19 +0800
The production of rangefinder is much less so the high price. If you need a
silent operation, you can only choose RF. If you need good image quality
(for film) and RF the Mamiya and Bronica are good choices (may be the only
choices for lens changable).

Besides noise, mirror vibration is also a big problem. A professional
documentary photographer who sold me his whole OM system many years ago said
he can hardly handhold the Pent*x 67 and get a tack sharp photo. I'm also
suffering from mirror vibration with the 5D II, you really need to hold the
camera firm to get a sharp photo at 1/15s to even 1/250s. It was never a
problem with E-1 and E-300, may be partly due to the lower resolution and
partly due to the mirror vibration.

For your Hasselblad, the A16 film magazine is excellent for 645 format, it
can take 16 shoots while others only take 15.

C.H.Ling